WHO WE ARE
ReNEW Schools is reinventing education in New Orleans by changing the status quo with innovative ways to prepare our students for college and beyond. We are transforming the city’s lowest performing schools by employing a whole-school turnaround model founded on the core belief that all children can learn. At ReNEW Schools, serving students with high levels of need is what we do.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Intervention Coordinator will comprehensively lead all aspects of Tier 2 and Tier 3 academic and behavioral/social-emotional intervention programming for the school. The Intervention Coordinator does this by working in close collaboration with teachers, culture teams, and school administrators while developing and leading a high performing team of interventionists who provide services that accelerate student learning. This role requires setting standards for excellent intervention delivery, data analysis and comprehensive student problem solving. ReNEW Schools is committed to executing healthy, robust student support systems and the Intervention Coordinator is critical to the execution of interventions and identifying students for Section 504 and Special Education evaluation.
At ReNEW Schools, we expect Intervention Coordinators to:
Lead School Intervention Team
- Manage, train and coach intervention teachers and AmeriCorps interventionists so that they are able to successfully implement and progress monitor Tier 2 and 3 interventions.
- Assist teachers and interventionists in defining objectives for intervention groups and planning intervention instruction for each group.
- Models effective intervention group instruction for teachers; pursues models with external assistance is needed.
- Observes behavioral and academic intervention instruction and provides feedback on fidelity of implementation using provided checklists.
- Collaborate with school administrators in hiring and development of intervention team.
- Work in close collaboration with members of school leadership team and school psychologist on a consistent basis and communicate effectively as a member of the school leadership team.
Drive Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Programing
- Use universal screening assessment data to identify students in need of tiered interventions.
- Establish and coordinate teacher and staff referral process to recommend students in need of academic, behavioral/social-emotional and attendance interventions.
- Collaborate with School Directors, Principals, coaches and network staff on effectiveness of Tier 1 instruction and culture systems.
- Collect and analyze ongoing progress monitoring to determine effectiveness of interventions.
- Coordinate weekly Tier 2 MTSS grade level team meetings with established protocols and documentation.
- Launch weekly Tier 3 SBLC problem solving structure for students needing intensive interventions.
- Manage data cycles for students in Tier 2 and Tier 3 and create schedules for academic interventionists and students receiving tiered interventions.
- Collaborate with school and network staff to implement three collective tiers of academic interventions and implement research and evidence-based remedial resources for Tier 2 and 3 academic interventions.
- Collaborate with Student Support Team staff to determine three collective tiers of behavioral and socio-emotional interventions and coordinate implementation.
- Work with the school social workers to develop FBAs and BIPs for students who need these supports.
- Provide school-wide training outlining vision for intervention, roles and responsibilities of all staff, Tier 2 grade level team protocols, Tier 3 SBLC team meetings, screening tools and standard documentation forms.
- Facilitate school-based process to determine student promotion, retention and summer school referral according to state guidelines and the Pupil Progression Plan.
Maintain MTSS Communication and Documentation
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all students referred for Tier 2 or Tier 3 interventions.
- Document SBLC team meetings through established protocols and notes.
- Regularly communicate with all stakeholders regarding status of identified students.
- Coordinate MTSS referrals for Special Education evaluation to ensure referrals are strong and compliant with Bulletin 1508.
- Schedule and facilitate Student Evaluation Plan meetings for initial referrals.
- Coordinate referrals and serve as the the liaison between all parties when evaluation is in process.
- Coordinate initial referrals for Gifted & Talented evaluations.
- Participate in training and development with network Director of Intervention and Director of Compliance.
- Complete monthly metrics and provide quarterly report to School Directors and Director of Intervention.
Coordinate Section 504
- Maintain all student 504 files and documentation and facilitate records requests and transfer of IAP to next grade of school for all students eligible under Section 504.
- Facilitate Section 504 evaluations and develop Section 504 Individual Accommodation Plans (IAPs).
- Maintain documentation of IAP accommodations and 504 status in Powerschool.
- Ensure parents are invited to eligibility meetings and participate in eligibility decisions and the development of IAPs, provide notice and rights to parents.
- Determine appropriate Section 504 team composition and ensure team members participate in 504 eligibility decisions.
- Distribute IAPs to staff and monitor implementation of Section 504 IAPs.
- Lead annual reviews of each 504 plan and schedule triennial re-evaluations of students eligible under Section 504.
- Monitor discipline data for students eligible under 504 and advise school administrators regarding discipline issues and procedures for Section 504 students being considered for suspension or removal.
- Conduct Manifestation Determination Review meetings when needed.
WHAT YOU BRING
In addition to the expectations listed above, you will bring the following to our schools and students:
- Record of Instructional Results -- Deep love for teaching and working with students. Has been a successful teacher and understands components of literacy.
- Initiative & Persistence – Expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Has the drive and actions to set challenging goals and reach a high standard of performance despite barriers.
- Strategic thinking & Vision – Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way to peers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing Others – The ability to set clear expectations and to hold others accountable for performance.
- Collaboration – Seeks to establish positive, collaborative relationships and values all voices and appreciates the strengths of others. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the school leadership team to establish an overall collaborative working relationships.
- Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and produce significant output.
- Organization – Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner to focus on key priorities.
- Analytical – Determines opportunities and trends through comprehensive analysis of current student performance trends.
- Constant Learning – Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
Qualified candidates for the Intervention Coordinator role will possess a growth mindset – that is, the belief that all students are capable of making progress – and a history propelling the success of students with different learning needs. Attention to detail, ability to analyze data, provide feedback to staff, advocate for all students, and build systems are essential. In addition, qualified candidates will demonstrate experience as a successful classroom teacher. Preference will be given to candidates with previous Special Education, reading or intervention teaching experience, or experience coaching teachers.
WHAT WE OFFER
At ReNEW, we believe our people are the key to our students’ success. We support our staff with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive benefits plan that covers the majority of the employee premium for the two medical plans offered. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, generous vacation time, professional development, and a 401k plan with 4% employer matching.