Up2Us AmeriCorps Coach Across America
Dates: 8/1/19 - 5/22/20
Founded in 2010, Up2Us Sports is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring youth to achieve their potential by providing them with coaches trained in positive youth development. We do this by identifying, training and supporting coaches in their communities who bring sports-based youth development to the most underserved communities. The Up2Us Coach and Up2Us Training programs empower youth-based organizations across the country to become a united force for meaningful change. Up2Us Coach is the first national service program to identify and train young adults to coach and mentor kids in low income communities. Coaches are trained in youth development and mentoring strategies to promote physical activity, healthy living, and good decision making, while cultivating caring, trust-based relationships with the youth they serve.
Up2Us Coaches serving through AmeriCorps must complete their assigned term of service listed above not to exceed a 12 month period. During the term of service, the coach will serve in a direct service role.
- Assist Lead teacher with Physical Education classes
- Assist with Recess activities
- Lead team sport activities
- Teach self resolution conflict strategies
- Lead active and organized activities with students
- Encourage and promote positive sportsmanlike conduct
- Assist Lead teachers to help create an environment that promotes health conscious and active students
- Create positive relationships with students and parents
Additionally, the AmeriCorps Up2Us Coach will:
- Encourage participants to gain and develop life skills, knowledge and techniques through sport, using lessons learned at UP2Us Sports’ best in class training events
- Perform data collection activities such as directed by your Up2Us Sports Program Manager
- Act as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the community and youth served
Up2Us AmeriCorps Coaches must complete the following requirements to ensure successful completion of the AmeriCorps program:
- Completion of the minimum required hours of service and training by last day of coach contract
- Attendance at the Up2Us Coach orientation
- Completion of bi-weekly timesheets
- Attendance at a day of service
- Attend/participate in Up2Us Sports trainings, meetings, and special initiatives
- Attend Coach Training Institute (date to be announced by Program Manager)
- AmeriCorps is open to U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent residents.
- Members must be 18 years old, or 17 with written parental/guardian consent.
- Members must have, or be working toward a High School diploma, GED, or its equivalent.
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude
- A strong desire to work with elementary to middle school students
- Living Allowance: $7,770
- Segal Service Award: $3,047.50
How to apply:
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org