ReNEW is dedicated to helping teachers become outstanding at their craft. With a high focus on professional development and individual coaching at both the school-level and the network-level, we are committed to helping you become the best teacher you can be! Our success is completely attributed to the consistency, hard work and dedication of teachers, who are the biggest lever to make sure our students are high school and college ready.
We are seeking elementary teacher candidates (grades 3-5) committed to ReNEW’s mission of ensuring that all of our PK-12th grade students are academically and emotionally prepared to access the full range of life choices that are the fundamental right of every child in New Orleans.
Please note, this posting is for elementary teaching positions available for the 2017-2018 school year, which begins with professional development in early July 2017.
WHO WE ARE
Choice is Freedom! At ReNEW, we ensure that students are academically and emotionally prepared to access the full range of life choices that are the fundamental right of every child in the city.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
At ReNEW Schools, we expect our teachers to:
WHAT YOU BRING
- Use goals to drive instruction. With your manager and team, you will set clear and ambitious short-term and long-term goals to drive your instruction and help your students succeed.
- Create a culture of learning. You will implement a student-led, positive, and safe classroom and school-wide environment in order to ensure learning is maximized.
- Be a content expert. You will plan rigorous, engaging, Common Core or GLE-aligned lessons and effectively execute them to ensure all students are working with content aligned to the appropriate standards for their subject and grade.
- Differentiate for all students. We believe all children can learn, so you will provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Use data all day, every day. You will assess qualitative and quantitative student data in order to draw insightful conclusions from it and adjust instruction as necessary.
- Reflect. We believe that all teachers can improve in meaningful, measureable, and significant ways through great coaching. To that end, you will view feedback as a tool to improve and will receive instructional coaching to help prepare you and thus, your students, for greater success.
- Communicate and collaborate. You will be responsible for regularly communicating and collaborating with parents and other staff members to ensure each student is making strong academic and social progress. You will assume shared responsibility for all students’ success.
- Be flexible and innovative: As we are a turnaround organization, you will be flexible in ensuring the strategies you implement best meet students’ needs, and if not, adjust course. You will help invent, refine, and imagine practices and policies to successfully meet all our students’ needs.
- Persevere. You will teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year in order to prepare our students for success.
- Be a constant learner. You will regularly participate in school-wide and network-wide professional development and will be solutions-oriented.
- Celebrate. You will approach your work with joy and enthusiasm for the impact you will have on our community and students.
In addition to the expectations listed above, you will bring the following to your school and students:
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 2+ years teaching experience (preferred)
- Experience and success with historically under-served populations of students
- Teaching certification (preferred and required for early childhood, Special Education and High School)
- A strong content knowledge in your teaching area
- The commitment and personal responsibility to do whatever it takes to help prepare our students for college and beyond
WHAT WE OFFER
At ReNEW, we believe our people are the key to our students’ success. We support our staff with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive benefits plan that covers the majority of the employee premium for the two medical plans offered. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, generous vacation time, professional development, and a 401k plan with 4% employer matching. For employees of Dolores T. Aaron Elementary, we offer the Teachers’ Retirement System of Louisiana (TRSL) benefit instead of 401k.