|Certified School Psychologist|
|Network Support Services|
|Available for the 2018-2019 School Year|
ReNEW is seeking a certified School Psychologist to serve as a member of the Pupil Appraisal Team offering psychological, social, sensory, and educational services to students.
WHO WE ARE
Choice is Freedom! At ReNEW, we ensure that students are academically and emotionally prepared to access the full range of life choices that are the fundamental right of every child in the city.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Function as evaluation coordinator for designated referrals
• Explain and interpret the intervention, referral, screening, and evaluation process to parents, teachers, school leaders, other school personnel, and outside agency personnel
• Facilitate eligibility determination meetings prior to initial IEP meetings with parents, as well as, interpret student classifications and recommendations to school personnel
• Participate in IEP meetings where you are responsible for explaining and interpreting assessment findings and recommendations to parents, teachers, principals and other appropriate personnel
• Assist teachers and other school personnel in the design and implementation of educational/behavioral interventions for support and/or related services for students
• Provide a written report of any academic/behavioral support services provided to students
• Attend intervention data meetings and participates in RTI discussions
• Accurately administer, score, and interpret individualized diagnostic assessments and procedures in order to produce accurate and effective evaluation reports within specified timelines
• Evaluate referred students as a Pupil Appraisal Team member in accordance with Bulletin 1508 – Pupil Appraisal Handbook and the National Association of School Psychologists’ (NASP) ethical standards
• Collaborate with parents, teachers, school leaders, executive director of intervention services, director of clinical services, pupil appraisal team members, and other network personnel whenever necessary concerning issues related to assessment, academic/behavioral interventions, exceptional students, learning, teaching strategies, classroom management, Tier III evidence-based interventions and other areas of expertise
• Provide or assist in the provision of professional learning of intervention services team members, parents, or other school personnel on topics such as pupil appraisal services, special education eligibility criteria, exceptional students, learning styles, intervention techniques, RTI and other areas of expertise
• Assist with maintaining accurate case records on all students in accordance with the requirements of the local, state, and federal laws, regulations and policies; as well as, ReNEW network policies
• Provide support to school psychology interns working in the network
• Perform other duties as required
WHAT YOU BRING
• Master’s degree in school psychology or related field is required
• Certification by the Louisiana Department of Education as a School Psychologist
• Experience in administering and interpreting psychological and educational assessments
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must possess basic computer skills and demonstrate the ability to use various types of software programs
FLSA Classification: Exempt
WHAT WE OFFER
At ReNEW, we believe our people are the key to our students’ success. We support our staff with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive benefits plan that covers the majority of the employee premium for the two medical plans offered. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, generous vacation time, professional development, and a 401k plan with 4% employer matching. For employees of Dolores T. Aaron Elementary, we offer the Teachers’ Retirement System of Louisiana (TRSL) benefit instead of 401k.
Click here to learn more information about:
Would you like to apply to this job?