ReNEW is seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist (SLP). The SLP will primarily be responsible for identifying students with communication disabilities, planning and implementing appropriate treatment to minimize adverse impact on student success. This includes but is not limited to: assessing students’ communication skills, developing treatment plans, providing speech and language therapy in various settings, consulting with school staff, parents, and other appropriate individuals about a student’s communication needs, completing speech evaluations, instructing eligible students in the use of appropriate communication technologies, participating as a Pupil Appraisal Team member on other disability evaluations, and performing other related duties as assigned.
WHO WE ARE
Choice is Freedom! At ReNEW, we ensure that students are academically and emotionally prepared to access the full range of life choices that are the fundamental right of every child in the city.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
At ReNEW Schools, we expect our SLPs to:
- Use goals to drive instruction. With your manager and team, you will set clear and ambitious short-term and long-term goals to drive your instruction and help your students succeed.
- Create a culture of learning. You will implement a student-led, positive, and safe classroom and school-wide environment in order to ensure learning is maximized.
- Be a content expert. You will plan rigorous, engaging, Common Core or GLE-aligned lessons and effectively execute them to ensure all students are working with content aligned to the appropriate standards for their subject and grade.
- Differentiate for all students. We believe all children can learn, so you will provide necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students.
- Use data all day, every day. You will assess qualitative and quantitative student data in order to draw insightful conclusions from it and adjust instruction as necessary.
- Reflect. We believe that all teachers can improve in meaningful, measureable, and significant ways through great coaching. To that end, you will view feedback as a tool to improve and will receive instructional coaching to help prepare you and thus, your students, for greater success.
- Communicate and collaborate. You will be responsible for regularly communicating and collaborating with parents and other staff members to ensure each student is making strong academic and social progress. You will assume shared responsibility for all students’ success.
- Be flexible and innovative: As we are a turnaround organization, you will be flexible in ensuring the strategies you implement best meet students’ needs, and if not, adjust course. You will help invent, refine, and imagine practices and policies to successfully meet all our students’ needs.
- Persevere. You will teach an academically intense curriculum and commit to an extended school day, week, and year in order to prepare our students for success.
- Be a constant learner. You will regularly participate in school-wide and network-wide professional development and will be solutions-oriented.
- Celebrate. You will approach your work with joy and enthusiasm for the impact you will have on our community and students.
WHAT YOU BRING
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Speech Pathology
- Licensed by Louisiana Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
- Certified by Louisiana Department of Education
WHAT WE OFFER
At ReNEW, we believe our people are the key to our students’ success. We support our staff with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a comprehensive benefits plan that covers the majority of the employee premium for the two medical plans offered. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, generous vacation time, professional development, and a 401k plan with 4% employer matching. For employees of Dolores T. Aaron Elementary, we offer the Teachers’ Retirement System of Louisiana (TRSL) benefit instead of 401k.
Click here to learn more information about:
- Why you should work at ReNEW
- What are our benefits?
- What is our process?